A food lover and Stay-At-Home-Mom's tales and recipes from her kitchen
* 12 oz. pizza dough, room temperature
* 2 T. olive oil, plus more for brushing
* 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
* 3 T. taco seasoning
* 1/2 c. plus 1/2 c. salsa, separated
* 2 c. plus 1 c. Mexican cheese blend, separated
* flour (to roll out dough)
* Shredded lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, Pico de Gallo, salsa, and hot sauce to serve
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
3. Cook meat until mostly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain 3/4 of the liquid.
4. Add taco seasoning and continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes.
5. Add 2 cups of cheese and 1/2 cup salsa to meat and mix.
6. Roll out pizza dough on floured surface. Cut into 4 equal parts.
7. Fill each of the 4 pockets with 1/4 c. ground beef mixture, 1-2 T. salsa and 1/8 cup cheese at the top.
7. Fold and seal pockets with a little water on the edges and crimp together with a fork.
8. Grease a large sheet pan and place taco pockets on it. Brush oil onto the top of the pockets.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until dough is golden brown on the top.
* When ready to serve: Cut pockets in half and fill with desired additions