A food lover and Stay-At-Home-Mom's tales and recipes from her kitchen
Sweet & Sour Meatballs with Sautéed Spinach over Rice
* 2 pounds Ground Turkey or Ground Beef
* 2 Eggs
* 1 c. Panko Breadcrumbs
* 1 T. Dried Parsley
* 1 T. Garlic Powder
* 1 T. Onion Powder
* 1 t. Ground Pepper
* 1 t. Salt
* 2 T. Soy Sauce
Vegetable oil for frying
* 1 c. Brown Sugar
* 1/2 c. Soy Sauce
* 3 T. Apple Cider Vinegar
* 1 t. Garlic Powder
* 1/2 t. Black Pepper
* 1/4 c. Water
* 18 oz. Fresh Baby Spinach, rinsed
* 2 cloves of Garlic, crushed
* 3 T. Vegetable Oil
* 1/4 c. Water
* 1/4 t. Pepper
* 1/2 t. Salt
* 2 c. (dry) Short Grain Rice, cooked according to package directions
1. Mix all of the ingredients for the meatballs together.
2. Place a large pan and vegetable oil over medium heat.
3. Form 2 inch balls and place in the pan. Cover.
4. Cook for about a 7-9 minutes, or until a crust begins to form on the bottom of the meatballs.
5. Turn them over and cook for another 5-7 minutes. Remove from the pan, but don’t clean it out.
6. In the same pan, add all of the sauce ingredients except for the water and cornstarch and stir frequently for 2 minutes.
7. Mix the water and corn starch together and pour into the pan and stir frequently for 2 minutes.
8. Add the meatballs to the pan and coat with the sauce. Remove from heat.
9. In a medium pan, place the oil, garlic, and spinach. Stir until the spinach is coated with the oil.
10. Next, add the water and seasonings and cover the pan. Stir after 3 minutes and cover again. Remove from heat.
Plate a scoop of rice, followed by a spoonful of spinach and four meatballs. Add sweet and sour sauce as desired.