A food lover and Stay-At-Home-Mom's tales and recipes from her kitchen
Shredded Pineapple BBQ Chicken Melts
– 3 pounds of Chicken Breasts, halved
– 2 T. BBQ Seasoning (optional)
– 2 T. Salt
– 1 T. Pepper
– 2 T. Vegetable Oil
– 1 medium Vidalia Onion, halved and sliced thin
– 1 c. chopped Pineapple
– 1/3 c. Pineapple Juice
– 2/3 c. Barbecue Sauce
– 1 dash of Liquid Smoke (optional)
Sandwich Melt Ingredients:
– 8 Slices of Bread
– 8 Slices of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
– 4 T. Butter, optional
– Additional Barbecue Sauce, for dipping
1. Add oil and onions to the crockpot and set it to high.
2. Season chicken breast with salt, pepper, and BBQ seasoning on both sides.
3. Place half of the pineapple into the crockpot.
4. Add chicken breasts to the crockpot.
5. Next, add the rest of the pineapple, the juice, barbecue sauce and the liquid smoke.
6. Cover the crockpot and cook for 5-6 hours. Stir and flip the contents of the crockpot every hour.
7. Once the chicken falls apart easily shred the chicken and pineapple with two forks.
8. If there is too much liquid, remove some until the desired consistency is met.
To Make a Sandwich Melt:
1. Place pan over medium heat.
2. Place one slice of cheese onto one slice of bread.
3. Add 1/2-2/3 cup of shredded pineapple barbecue chicken on top.
4. Top with another slice of cheese and piece of bread.
5. Melt 1/2 Tablespoon of butter in the center of the pan and place sandwich on top.
6. Cook for 3-4 minutes, flip and cook for another 3 minutes.
7. Serve with more barbecue sauce.