A food lover and Stay-At-Home-Mom's tales and recipes from her kitchen
Sautéed Broccoli Rabe
* 1 large bunch of broccoli rabe
* 1/4 c. olive oil
* 6 cloves of garlic, sliced, crushed, minced… (trust me on the amount; it makes the dish)
* 2/3 c. water
* 2 t. each plus more salt and pepper
* 1 t. crushed red pepper flakes (optional, but delicious)
1. Rinse broccoli rabe well and trim stems. Cut into three sections.
2. Heat oil in a medium or large pan over medium heat (the broccoli rabe will cook down).
3. Add garlic to oil. Let the garlic cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the broccoli rabe, water, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir.
5. Cover the pan so it can steam for 5 minutes.
6. Stir and cover for another 10-15 minutes, depending on the doneness you prefer.
7. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.