A food lover and Stay-At-Home-Mom's tales and recipes from her kitchen
Roasted Pepper Caprese Salad Tower
* 12 1/4 thick slices of fresh mozzarella (ball or log)
* 16 roasted baby peppers
* 1 c. fresh basil leaves
* 1/4 c. olive oil (plus more for brushing), separated
* 8 1/4 inch thick slices of fresh vine ripened tomatoes
* 1/8 c. balsamic vinegar of Modena (yes, use the good stuff)
* salt and pepper (optional)
*1 loaf Italian bread (semolina) or 1 French baguette
* 1 clove garlic
1. If you’re making crostini, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. If not, skip to step 6.
2. Slice the bread into 1/2 inch thick pieces.
3. Cut the garlic in half and rub onto the crostini.
4. Brush olive oil onto bread slices.
5. Arrange bread on a sheet pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until bread is crispy. Set aside.
6. Chiffonade basil leaves.
7. Place 1 slice of tomato on a serving plate, followed by a slice of mozzarella, two peppers, and another slice of mozzarella, tomato, 2 peppers, and another slice of mozzarella.
8.Repeat for 3 other caprese towers.
9. Drizzle balsamic and olive oil onto each tower.
10. Top all of the caprese towers with basil.
11. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.