A food lover and Stay-At-Home-Mom's tales and recipes from her kitchen
Roasted Pepper and Onion Frittata
* 8 eggs
* 1/2 c. Vidalia onion, diced
* 2 c. roasted peppers, diced
* 1/2 c. milk
* 1/4 t. pepper
* 1/4 t. salt
* 1/4 t. dried parsley
* 1 T. butter
* 1 T. olive oil
* 1/4 c. grated Pecorino Romano cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk eggs in a large bowl.
3. Whisk in milk, pepper, salt and parsley to the eggs.
4. Place olive oil in a cast iron skillet (or oven-safe pan) over medium heat.
5. Add onions once the oil is shimmering. Cook until they brown slightly.
6. Add the peppers to the onions and cook for 2 minutes. Add the butter and stir until melted (be sure to grease the sides of the pan as well).
7. Add eggs to the pan and let it cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until edges begin to pull away from the pan.
8. Place the uncovered frittata in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Once it is removed from the oven, top with cheese, if desired.