A food lover and Stay-At-Home-Mom's tales and recipes from her kitchen
Peaches and “Cream” Ricotta Crepes
Ingredients: Alton Brown’s Crepe Recipe:
* 2 Eggs
* 3/4 c. Milk
* 1/2 c. Water
* 3 T. melted Butter (plus more for coating the pan)
* 1 c. Flour
For the Filling:
* 3 c. frozen Peach Slices, thawed and drained
* 12 oz. Ricotta Cheese
* 1/4 c. Powdered Sugar
* Additional Powdered Sugar, for serving
1. Slightly butter two small nonstick pan(s). (I use two because it cuts the time in half!)
2. Place pans over medium heat.
3. Pour just enough batter to cover the bottom of the pan in a thin layer.
4. Once the edges of the crepe lift off of the pan slightly (about 1-2 minutes), flip the crepe over with a spatula and cook for another 30-45 seconds and remove from the pan.
** Note: it takes the first crepe longer to cook than successive crepes).
5. Repeat steps 1, 3, and 4 until all batter has been used.
6. Mix powdered sugar and ricotta cheese in a small bowl.
To Assemble Crepes:
1. Spoon 2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese inside each crepe.
2. Place 3-4 peach slices inside each crepe, lengthwise.
3. Roll up each crepe and dust with powdered sugar.