A food lover and Stay-At-Home-Mom's tales and recipes from her kitchen
Saucy Sundried Tomato Chicken
* 3 pounds of Chicken Thighs, cleaned and trimmed
* 1 1/2 cups Flour
* 1 T. each dried Basil, dried Oregano, dried Parsley, Salt
* 1 t. each Pepper and Garlic Powder
* Olive Oil for frying
* 1 8 oz. jar of julienned Sundried Tomatoes in oil
* 3 cloves of Garlic, minced
* 1 T. each dried Basil, dried Oregano, dried Parsley
* 2 t. each Salt and Pepper
* 1 c. Milk or Heavy Cream
* 3 c. Chicken Broth
* 1/2 c. grated Parmesan Cheese, plus more to serve
* Cooked pasta or mashed potatoes, to serve
1. Mix the flour and herbs together in a shallow pie dish.
2. Heat olive oil in a large pan.
3. Coat chicken thighs in flour mixture.
4. Cook chicken for about 8 minutes, or until a golden crust forms on the bottom. Flip.
5. Cook the chicken for another 5-7 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
6. Add more oil if necessary and repeat until all chicken is fully cooked. Set chicken aside.
7. Add the sun dried tomatoes, chicken broth, herbs, and crushed garlic to the pan. Stir, cover, and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
8. Add in cream and stir.
9. Place chicken back into the pan, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
10. Remove from heat and add in Pecorino Romano cheese and stir.