A food lover and Stay-At-Home-Mom's tales and recipes from her kitchen
Italian Chicken and Cauliflower Pasta Salad
* 2 large chicken breasts, halved
* 2 c. roasted cauliflower
* 1 pound pasta, your choice
* 1/2 c. plus 1/4 c. olive oil, separated
* 1/4 c. white balsamic vinegar
* 2 T. dijon mustard
* 1 t. each salt, pepper, parsley, oregano, basil
* salt and pepper, to taste
1. Bring a salted medium pot of water to a boil.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan.
3. Toss chicken breasts in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of oil, and all herbs and spices.
4. Cook chicken on medium high heat for about 7-10 minutes and flip. Cook for another 5-7 minutes or until the thickest part of the breast reads 165 on a meat thermometer.
5. Remove chicken from pan and slice into strips. Set aside.
6. Cook pasta and drain. Pour into a large, serving bowl.
7. Add in chicken and cauliflower (the hot pasta will heat the cauliflower as you toss it).
8. Whisk oil, vinegar, dijon mustard, salt and pepper and add it to the pasta. Toss. Add salt and pepper to taste.