A food lover and Stay-At-Home-Mom's tales and recipes from her kitchen
Hearty Potato, Ham, & Veggie Frittata
* 5 Eggs
* 4 slices of Cold Cut Honey Ham, diced
* 1 c. Frozen French Fries, thawed
* 1/3 c. Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed and drained
* 1/3 c. Frozen Sliced Bell Peppers, thawed and drained
* 1/4 t. Garlic Powder
* Salt & Pepper
* 2 T. Butter
* 4 Slices of Cheddar or Colby Jack Cheese, optional
1. Add butter to a medium sized pan and place over medium heat.
2. Scramble the eggs and add the garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
3. Once the butter is melted, take the French fries and place them in the pan. Break them up with your spatula.
4. Evenly distribute the ham, peppers, and spinach to the pan.
5. Pour the scrambled eggs into the pan.
6. Move the eggs around the pan slightly with your spatula, being sure to scrape the sides.
7. After about 2 minutes, scoop the edges all around the frittata toward the center and allow raw egg to go under the sides toward the bottom of the pan.
8. Once the center is mostly set, very carefully get a large spatula and free the frittata from the bottom of the pan.
9. Using one motion, flip the frittata in the pan so the top is now on the bottom. You can use a large spatula if you don’t feel comfortable doing this.
You may add the cheese if desired at this time.
10. Cover the frittata with a lid for 5 minutes to complete cooking.