A food lover and Stay-At-Home-Mom's tales and recipes from her kitchen
Grilled Sausage and Wilted Spinach over Roasted Cauliflower Puree
* 2 pounds fresh flavored sausage ring (spinach and feta, Italian, bacon cheddar, etc.)
* 4 c. roasted cauliflower
* 1 6 oz. bag baby spinach leaves
* 2 T. plus 2 T. olive oil,
* 1/8 t. each salt and pepper
* 1/8 t. garlic powder
* 1/2- 3/4 c. vegetable broth
1. Heat up grill.
2. Place 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium heat. Toss spinach, salt, pepper, and garlic powder into pan. Stir and cover.
3. Cook spinach until it wilts, about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally,
4. Place 2 metal grill skewers into sausage ring, making an “X” so it can be turned easier.
5. Coat sausage in 3 tablespoons of olive oil and place on the grill. Cook for 10-12 minutes. Flip and cook for another 10-12 minutes.
6. Heat cauliflower in the microwave for about 4 minutes.
7. Heat vegetable broth in a small saucepan.
8. Add 3/4 cup of broth to cauliflower.
9. Use an immersion blender to blend it into a puree. Add more broth until desired consistency is reached. (The puree should be runnier than mashed potatoes, but still be able to be picked up with a fork).