A food lover and Stay-At-Home-Mom's tales and recipes from her kitchen
Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
* 1 pound orzo pasta
* 6 oz. crumbled feta cheese
* 4 jarred roasted red peppers, diced
* 3 T. capers, drained of brine
* 1/2 c. Kalamata olives
* 1/2 c. red onion, diced
* 1 t. fresh ground pepper, plus more
* 1/4 t. salt, plus more
* juice from 2 lemons
* 1/2 c. olive oil
* 6 oz. fresh baby spinach leaves
1. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Dice roasted peppers into 1/4 inch pieces. Quarter kalamata olives.
3. Cook orzo pasta according to package directions. Right before the pasta finishes cooking, toss spinach into the water and stir until it wilts. Drain.
4. Transfer orzo and spinach to a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
5. Mix in capers, olives, onions, peppers, lemon juice and olive oil. Then add feta and mix slightly.
6. Taste pasta and add salt and pepper if necessary.