A food lover and Stay-At-Home-Mom's tales and recipes from her kitchen
Creamy Gnocchi with Mushrooms, Spinach, and Pancetta
* 2 17.6 oz. packages gnocchi
* 1 10 oz. sliced baby Bella mushrooms
* 1 4 oz. package of cubed pancetta
* 4 c. chicken broth
* 1/2 c. heavy cream or milk
* 1/4 c. dry white wine
* 1/2 Vidalia onion, sliced thin
* 1 clove of garlic, crushed
* 1 6 oz. bag spinach
* 1 t. pepper
* 1 t. salt
* 1 T. dried parsley
* 1 T. butter
* 1 T. olive oil
* 3 T. flour
* crushed red pepper (optional)
1. Place oil, pancetta, onions, and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until pancetta is crispy. Stir every 2 minutes or so. Add in butter and mushrooms.
3. Cook for 7-10 minutes, or until mushrooms slightly shrink in size. Remove all contents from the pan and set aside.
4. Deglaze the pan with white wine. Let cook for 2 minutes. Add in chicken broth.
5.Add pancetta mushroom mixture back into the pan and stir. Add in spinach, salt, pepper, parsley, and heavy cream. Stir and let simmer on low heat for 8 minutes.
6. Whisk in flour A LITTLE AT A TIME to prevent clumping.
7. Cook gnocchi according to package directions and immediately add to saucepan. Stir.
8. Taste and add salt and pepper, if desired.