* 1 small Vidalia Onion, diced
* 1 large Shallot, diced
* 4 cloves Garlic, minced
* 1 c. White Wine, such as Chardonnay
* 2 1/2 c. Chicken Broth
* 3 T. dried Herb de Provence
* 1 t. Pepper
* 4 T. Salted Butter
* 1 pound Cavatappi Pasta
1. Place a large pot of water over high heat. Cover.
2. Fry the bacon in a large pan until crispy. Set bacon aside.
3. Egg and bread the shrimp.
4. Fry the shrimp in the bacon grease or vegetable oil. Drain the shrimp on paper towels. Set shrimp aside.
5. In the same pan, add more bacon grease if necessary and add in the diced onions and shallots. Sauté until onions are translucent, about 7-9 minutes.
6. Add in the garlic and stir.
7. Add in the white wine and cover for 3 minutes.
8. Add in the broth, herbs, and pepper and cover the pan for 5 minutes.
9. Once the water is boiling, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
10. Add the pasta to the pan.
11. Add the butter to the pasta and mix until combined.
12. Crumble the bacon and add to the pasta. Mix.
Plate one large spoonful of pasta in the center of a dish and place 6 shrimp on top.