A food lover and Stay-At-Home-Mom's tales and recipes from her kitchen
Curry, Soy, Ginger, Garlic Chicken with Sautéed Veggies & Rice
* 3 pounds of Chicken Thighs, cleaned and trimmed
* 1/2 c. Soy Sauce
* 1/3 c. Rice Wine Vinegar
* 1/4 c. Vegetable Oil
* 1/3 c. Water
* 3 cloves of garlic, minced
* 1 1″ knob of Ginger, grated
* 1/2 c. Brown Sugar
* 1 t. Black Pepper
* 2 t. Yellow Curry Powder
* 2 T. Vegetable Oil
* 1 medium Onion, halved and thinly sliced
* 5 large Carrots, halved lengthwise and sliced thin
* 1 10 oz. bag of Shredded Green Cabbage
* Salt & Pepper
* 2 c. Jasmine or Short Grain Rice, cooked according to package directions
1. Combine all of the marinade ingredients and reserve half.
2. Place chicken in a bag or a bowl with half of the marinade and massage the chicken to ensure that it is fully coated and marinate for 1 hour or overnight.
3. Place a large pan over medium heat. Add chicken and all marinade from the bag to the pan and cover.
4. Cook chicken for 8-10 minutes and flip it. Cook chicken for 10 minutes more, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Set chicken aside. If the pan needs to be cleaned out, do so.
5. Add oil to the pan and place over medium heat.
6. Add in carrots and onions. Stir and cover for 10 minutes.
7. Once onions are translucent, add in shredded cabbage, stir, and cover for 8 minutes.
8. Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan.
9. Cook rice according to package directions.
10. Add the reserved marinade to the pan over low heat and cover.
11. Slice chicken thighs and put into the sauce.
Spoon rice onto a plate.
Add a spoonful of vegetables on top of the rice.
Top with chicken and additional sauce if desired.