A food lover and Stay-At-Home-Mom's tales and recipes from her kitchen
Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Sugar Monkey Bread
* 2 packages of Crescent Dough
* 1/3 c. Cinnamon Sugar
* 1/4 c. Chocolate Chips
* 4-6 T. milk, separated
* 2/3 c. Powdered Sugar
* 1 t. Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to temperature according to crescent package directions (usually 350 or 375 degrees).
2. Pour cinnamon sugar into a medium size bowl.
3. Cut each crescent into three pieces and roll each into a ball.
4. Grease nonstick round baking pan or dish with nonstick spray.
5. Roll each ball in cinnamon sugar and place in baking dish.
6. Sprinkle chocolate chips in the pan after all crescents have been used and toss.
7. Bake the monkey bread for 17-20 minutes, or until the top is browned.
8. To make the icing, mix 2 tablespoons of milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a bowl. Add milk as necessary until the desired consistency is achieved.
9. Remove the monkey bread and place it on a plate.
Either pour the icing on top of the whole loaf or dip each piece into it… or both!