A food lover and Stay-At-Home-Mom's tales and recipes from her kitchen
Chicken Piccata over Angel Hair Pasta with Sautéed “Stuffed” Artichokes
Ingredients: For the Chicken:
* 4 chicken breasts, cleaned and sliced thin
* 1 1/2 c. (seasoned) flour (salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley)
* 2 T. butter
* 3 T. olive oil, plus more
For the Picatta Sauce:
* 1/2 c. white wine
* 4 T. capers, drained of brine
* 4 c. chicken broth
* 1/2 c. lemon juice
* 1/4 c. fresh parsley leaves
* 1 t. pepper
* 1/2 t. salt
* 1 t. garlic powder
* 2-3 T. flour
* 3 T. butter
* sprinkle of crushed red pepper (optional)
For the Sautéed Artichoke Hearts:
* 1 12 oz. bag frozen artichoke hearts
* 3 T. olive oil
* 1 garlic clove, crushed
* 1/4 c. grated Parmigiano Reggiano
* 1/3 c. breadcrumbs
* 2 T. capers
* 1/2 t. black pepper
* 1/2 t. salt
* 1/4 c. lemon juice
1. Heat butter and olive oil in a large saucepan.
2. Dredge chicken in flour and cook in pan. Flip after about 6 minutes, or when bottom begins to brown. Cook for another 5-7 minutes. Set chicken aside.
3. In a smaller saucepan, cook the artichoke hearts; heat oil and garlic clove.
4. Add the artichokes and stir occasionally for about 10 minutes.
5. Once artichoke hearts have defrosted and have begin to brown, add the salt and pepper. Let them cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir for about 2 minutes. Set aside.
7. Cook pasta according to package directions. Salt and oil the water before cooking pasta. Set aside.
8. Deglaze the large saucepan with white wine. Let it simmer for 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth and the seasonings (except for the parsley). Cover it and let it simmer until it begins to boil.
9. Slowly whisk in the flour and then add in the butter and lemon juice.
10. Add chicken into sauce. Let simmer on low for 5-7 minutes.
11. Take 1 cup of piccata sauce and toss to coat the angel hair pasta.
12. Plate the pasta, topped with the chicken and piccata sauce. Place a spoonful of artichoke hearts beside it.