A food lover and Stay-At-Home-Mom's tales and recipes from her kitchen
Cheesy Farfale with Turkey Ragout and Kale
* 1 1/2 pounds of Ground Turkey
* 1/3 c. plus 3 T. olive oil, separated
* 4 cloves of Garlic, minced
* 1 small Red Onion, diced
* 1 1/2 pounds of Farfale pasta
* 1 24 oz. can of Tomato Sauce
* 1/4 c. Water
* 1/2 c. Red Wine
* 3 T. cooking Sherry
* 1 1/2 T. Ground Black Pepper, separated
* 1 1/2 T. Salt, plus more, separated
* 1 T. dried Parsley, separated
* 1T. dried Basil, separated
* 2 t. dried Thyme, separated
* 1 1/2 c. shredded Mozzarella
* 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
* Crushed Red Pepper, to serve (optional)
For the Kale:
* 4 c. frozen chopped Kale, defrosted
* 1 t. Salt
* 1 t. Pepper
* 1/4 t. Garlic Powder
* 3 T. Olive Oil
1. Place a large pot of water over high heat.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Combine ground turkey, diced onions, half of the amount of spices, and half of the minced garlic in the pan.
4. Stir the mixture every 4 minutes or so until turkey is cooked and fully browned, about 20 minutes. Remove everything from the pan.
5. In the same pan, add in remaining oil, tomato sauce, water, and all of the remaining spices.
6. Stir, cover, and let the sauce simmer for about 10 minutes.
7. Add in the wine and sherry. Stir and then cover for another 10 minutes.
8. Once the water is boiling, moderately season the water and add in the pasta. Cook according to package directions.
9. Squeeze out the kale and mix in other ingredients. Stir until combined.
10. After draining the pasta, add the turkey back into the saucepan. Stir. Add in kale and pasta and stir.
11. Turn the heat off and mix in the mozzarella and Parmesan.