A food lover and Stay-At-Home-Mom's tales and recipes from her kitchen
Cheddar Herb Biscuits
* 2 c. Flour
* 2 T. Baking Powder
* 1/4 t. Salt
* 2 t. Sugar
* 4 T. Shortening
* 6 T. Salted Butter, cut into pieces
* 1 c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
* 1 t. Pepper
* 3 T. Chives, finely minced
* 2 T. Parsley
* 1 1/2 t. Garlic Powder
* 3/4 c. plus 2 T. Milk
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Cut in the butter and shortening with a pastry blender or fork.
4. Add in the herbs, garlic, and cheese. Mix.
5. Pour in the milk and mix until just combined.
6. Grease two large baking sheets and use a 1/2 cup to scoop biscuit dough onto the sheet pan. Be sure to leave 2 inches between each biscuit.
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown on top.