* 1 16 oz. bag tortilla chips
* 1 1/2 c. pulled pork, drained
* 2 c. shredded Mexican cheese blend
* 1/2 small Vidalia onion, sliced thin
* 1 T. butter
* 2 T. pickled jalepenos (optional)
* shredded lettuce
* sour cream
* barbecue sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place butter and onions in a pan over medium heat. Cook for 15-18 minutes, stirring frequently. If the onions seem dry during cooking, add a few tablespoons of water. Once the onions are soft, brown, and caramelized, set them aside.
3. Microwave pork for 2 minutes. Drain most of the excess liquid. 4. Grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
5. Spread out tortilla chips in a thin layer on the baking sheet.
6. Spread the pulled pork around the chips evenly.
7. Add the caramelized onions and jalepenos, if desired.
8. Sprinkle cheese all over the nachos.
9. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese melts and begins to bubble.
10. With a spatula, transfer and layer nachos onto a large plate.
11. Top with lettuce and sour cream and drizzle barbecue sauce on top.