* 1 16 oz. package Argentinian Red Shrimp, defrosted
* 3 T. blackening seasoning
* 2 T. olive oil
* 2 T. butter
* 2 c. dry white grits, cooked according to package directions with additions
* 1 c. sharp cheddar cheese
* 1 t. salt (only if grits don’t call for it)
* 1 t. each pepper and dried parsley
* 1/2 t. garlic powder
* 1 T. hot sauce (optional)
1. Rinse shrimp and pat dry.
2. Place butter in a cast iron skillet on the grill. Heat up grill.
3. Coat shrimp with olive oil in a small bowl. Add blackening seasoning and toss. Set aside.
4. Cook the grits: Cook according to package directions. When you add the grits, also add in the parsley, pepper, and garlic powder.
5. Two minutes before the grits are finished, add in the cheese and hot sauce. Stir.
6. Cook the shrimp: Once the butter is completely melted and the skillet is very hot, toss shrimp in and cover the grill for 2 minutes. Flip the shrimp and cook for another two minutes and immediately remove from heat.
7. Plate shrimp on top of a pile of grits.