A food lover and Stay-At-Home-Mom's tales and recipes from her kitchen
BBQ Chicken, Sweet Corn, and Onion Pizza
* 2 Chicken Breasts, halved
* 1/2 c. plus additional 1/2 c. Barbecue Sauce
* 2 T. Olive Oil
* 1/3 c. Red Onion, finely diced
* 1 c. Frozen Sweet Corn, thawed and drained
* 2 c. Shredded Cheddar or Mexican Blend Cheese
* 1 ball of pizza dough, at room temperature
* Finely chopped Cilantro, for garnish (optional)
1. Heat grill to medium heat. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Coat chicken with olive oil.
3. Take 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce and pour it onto the chicken and coat thoroughly.
4. Grill chicken breasts for 8-10 minutes and flip. Cook for another 7-9 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees. Set aside.
5. Roll out pizza dough and place on a greased pizza stone or pan and bake for 10-13 minutes or until the crust is slightly golden.
6. While the crust is crisping up, cut up chicken into bite sized pieces and set aside.
7. Take the crust out of the oven and pour on remaining barbecue sauce and spread all over the pizza.
8. Distribute the chicken, corn, and onions evenly onto the pizza.
9. Sprinkle cheese on pizza.
10. Lower the heat to 375 and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted.