* 1 Sheet of Puff Pastry Dough, defrosted
* 2 Large Vidalia Onions, sliced thin
* 1/8 c. Balsamic Vinegar, you may not use all of it
* 6 oz. Crumbled Feta Cheese
* 1 6 oz. container of Crumbled Feta Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place a medium sized pan over medium heat. Add butter to the pan.
3. Once butter is melted, add in onions and pepper, stir, and cover.
4. After about 5 minutes, add 2 tablespoons of Balsamic vinegar to the pan and cover. Add 2 more tablespoons after another 5 minutes. Cover and stir the onions frequently. If they require more moisture, add 2 tablespoons of water at a time as needed.
5. While the onions are cooking, take a pizza cutter and cut the puff pastry into 1 inch wide strips. Then cut the strips horizontally into 1″ by 1/2″ rectangles.
6. Place them on a large baking sheet with enough space between them so they can puff up.
7. Bake the puff pastry in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Check your puff pastry frequently to ensure that it doesn’t burn. Once it is puffed and golden, remove from the oven and place onto a serving platter.
8. Once onions are caramelized, about 20- 25 minutes remove from heat.
1. Place 1-2 teaspoons of onions onto each piece of puff pastry and sprinkle feta cheese on top.
2. You may heat them in the oven for 2 minutes to melt the cheese slightly, if desired.