A food lover and Stay-At-Home-Mom's tales and recipes from her kitchen
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Flatbreads
* 4 small flatbreads
* 4 eggs
* 1/4 c. milk
* 2/3 c. shredded cheese, cheddar, Mexican blend, etc.
* 8 strips of bacon
* 1/4 c. scallions, chopped
* 4 T. butter, separated
* 1/4 t. salt
* 1/8 t. pepper
* 1/8 t. dried parsley
* hot sauce
1. Preheat the (toaster) oven to 375 degrees.
2. Whisk eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and parsley together in a small bowl.
3. Place bacon on a baking sheet and bake the bacon for 15-20 minutes, depending upon desired crispiness. Set bacon aside on paper towels to soak up excess grease.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a small pan over medium heat.
5. Add the eggs and continue stirring them frequently until cooked, about 5-7 minutes. Set aside
6. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the microwave and brush onto both sides of each flatbread.
7. Put flatbreads onto a baking sheet and place in the oven for 5 minutes.
8. Assemble the flatbreads: Divide scrambled eggs into 4 and place onto each of the 4 flatbreads.Crumble up 2 pieces of bacon onto each flatbread. Top each flatbread with cheese. Add chopped scallions if desired.
9. Place back into the oven for about 3 minutes, just until the cheese is melted.